Delivering Services in Blaenau Gwent
We are pleased to announce that, from April 1st 2018, Cyfannol Women’s Aid will be taking over the contract for the domestic abuse refuge and floating support service for vulnerable people in Blaenau Gwent.
As an organisation, Cyfannol will now offer the following accommodation services:
- Refuge comprising 6 self-contained units (staffed 24 hours a day) – Blaenau Gwent (new contract)
- Two communal refuges (for families or single women), including disabled facilities – Monmouthshire and Torfaen
- Refuge for single women with complex needs (staffed 24 hours a day) – Torfaen
- Three-bedroom property (for single women without complex needs) – Torfaen
- Two-bedroom dispersed refuge flat with disabled facilities – Torfaen
- One-bedroom move-on flat – Torfaen
Cyfannol will provide the following support services in the community:
- Floating support in Blaenau Gwent (new contract)
- Floating support, crisis intervention and drop-in services in Torfaen
- Crisis intervention, drop-in and outreach services in Monmouthshire
- Groupwork in Monmouthshire and Torfaen (Recovery Toolkit, Freedom Programme, STAR Groups and Women’s Groups)
In addition to these services, we also offer support for survivors of sexual violence through our Gwent-wide Horizon services: Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) and Counselling.
We will be building on our existing relationships with providers across Gwent and drawing on the strengths of the staff team to ensure a seamless transition for everyone accessing the refuge and floating support services in Blaenau Gwent.
We’re looking forward to working with people using these services, as well as staff and stakeholders to empower more survivors in Gwent to flourish in a life free from VAWDASV.
For more information or to enquire about making a referral, please contact us.